The history of Bulandshahar begins even before 1200 B.C. This region is nearer to the capital of Pandavas - Indraprasth and Hastinapur. After of decline of Hastinapur, Ahar which is situated in the north east of district Bulandshahr became an important place for Pandavas. With passes of time the king Parma made a fort on this part of region and a king named Ahibaran laid the foundation of a tower called Baran(Bulandshahr).
Chola is a small village located within the district of Bulandshahr and is famous for itís Bibcol Chola Polio Vaccine factory. This factory works in collaboration with a Russian company and comes under Sikandrabad Mandal. It is situated at about 16 km from Sikandrabad and around 11 km from Bulandshahr.
Karnavas in Bulandshahr holds historical significance. During the time of Mahabharata, King Karna used to donate 50 kg of gold everydaydaily. Tourists can also visit an old temple of Goddess Kalyani, which datinges back to Mahabharata period.
Anoopshahr is a small town situated in Bulandshahr District and is considered to be a prominent pilgrimage centreplace, because of the Ganges River flowing from here. Tourists coming to Bulandshahr can visit this old town for taking bath in the holy river and attend the annual festivals.
Khurja is located at a distance of approximately 17 km away from the main city of Bulandshahr. This is a famous pottery town which is situated on the main GT Road connecting the destination with Aligarh.
This ceramic town is also known for itís sweet, particularlyespecially Khurchan. There are more than 500 factories in Khurja which produce ceramic works and pottery.
Belon is a small village situated in the Bulandshahr district. Belon is famous for the Belon temple. Devotees offer pray to Goddess Sarva Mangala. Locals come to the temple to seek blessings from the Goddess of wellbeing. Devotees visit the temple to get a glimpse of the diety & chant prayers.